cyclical chaos in the mind
going around about and never stopping
why does that familiar voice drift in and out of here with such ease
and such grace
it should not
it should not be allowed
it should not have that ever lasting privilage that some often do
i find i stare off into that distant void
thinking of nothing and yet thinking of it all
in one fell swoop my mind is gone
and i am left here in amazement
to wonder and ponder all that has occurred and all that is about to occur
the exit appears and i leave stage left
falling slowly down the stairs i tumble into that spiral and whirlwind i call my mind
you ignore the story of what a name is
is it possible to totally ignore it all and just be oblivious
live in oblivion where there is no here or there
but what is now is what is real
and ther is no turning back after that's all done and through.
perhaps it really is all up there in my mind where it ought to be.
and i drift as it remains
perhaps the tables are turned and the chaos however cyclical it may be is there
is standing in front of me like a naked soul
a naked drifter trying to find his mark
his place in this chaotic universe you call home
but you step back again
and you realize no those around you realize
that this chaos you talk about that this havoc is just that
and nothing more...
Wednesday, December 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! This might sound totally lame-o but I had no idea that this was you until I read your comment on my blog tonight. I'd always wondered who the mysterious poet was that sporadically left me messages=). I must say I'm thrilled that *someone* reads my offbeat ramblings.--And it's nice to be able to read something of yours since my comp won't let me read your LJ.
Just wanted to respond to your comment...I didn't not enjoy myself per se. They just weren't my thing. I tend to get a little carried away when I post sometimes...and I'm always conflicted about using ppl's names. Hope I didn't make the wrong choice!
Either way, yes, it was AWESOME to see you! We need to do it again soon.
Post a Comment