I just completed my last shift at work until June 2009. It hasn't really sunk in yet that I don't have to go back for another 6 months. But at the same time I am feeling relieved and relaxed.
For my last three shifts I must say they were the most eventful shifts I have had in a long time.
Yesterday, I was given a subpoena to be a witness in court for an accident I was in while at work, where a taxi driver pulled out into my lane as I was on my way to a call. He got charged and I can only assume that he was not happy with that and is trying to fight it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the court date as I'll be out of the country and so the charges may be dropped.
Also, yesterday I got my first ROSC (return of spontaneous circulation) for a cardiac arrest patient. ALS was on scene, but still it was the first time I had ever seen and been a part of something like that. It's neat to see things go the other way for someone. I'm not sure how the outcome will be, but it's still a very rewarding and surreal experience.
I was able to work with a very good friend of mine today, for my last shift of work and part of my birthday. Had dim sum with her and ring in my Champagne year.
And now, it's time to prepare for my next adventure!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment