Monday, September 28, 2009

electronic mail and all things technological

I was going to write an email to someone today, a long lengthy one. I havn't started nor attempted to even write the email, but there's something about the old pen and paper that is just so calming. Such a great feeling of relief and accomplishment. Perhaps accomplishment is the wrong word, but the only word that comes to mind.

But on the other hand, it's nice to have a copy of your own writings, ramblings. The beauty of technology. The downfall of the old ways. So which one do you go for? The paper and the smooth silence of the pen or the click clack of the keys as they are pushed and released, forming words, words forming sentences...

I have started to write more in more recent weeks and have many thoughts floating through and often getting lodged. Needing an escape, needing to be set free. It's hard, to set them free sometiems. There are times I wished others would read these thoughts, or could just tap into them and allow them the freedom they need, even if to be spotted from a far or to have a glimpse.

and then sometimes they just vanish into the air, not wanting to be spotted, not wanting to be spoken to, not wanting to be taken out of their safe little box.

No comments: